5.18.2014

quilt inspired pieced washi card

I've have a bit of an obsession with quilts right now. I really want to make a quilt and I've been pouring over quilting books, but truthfully I'm just a little afraid to get started. So instead of venturing into unknown territory I decided to stick with what I know best and make a quilt inspired card for the Paper Crafts Gallery Idol Washi Tape Challenge.

Here's the details on how I made it:
  • I started with a 4" x 5" piece of white cardstock and laid 3 stripes of washi tape at an angle across the card.
  • Next, I cut the card into 5 strips, 1" each, making sure to keep them in the same order as I cut them.
  • I then switched places with 2 & 4 to give it a random look. I glued each of my pieces onto the card base and finished it off with a few embellishments.
I can't wait to try a few different ones!  I think these would make cool layout backgrounds as well. But really, I AM going to get brave and start a quilt! Any experienced quilters? Give me a little pep-talk will ya! What's a fairly dummy proof pattern to start with? 
~Michelle

Supplies:
MME Cut & Paste
MME Chalk Studio

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The card and the tutorial are fabulous!!!